Judge finds 34-year-old man guilty of battery, attempted sexual assault

A judge found Paul Aud, the man accused of attacking a UW-Madison student in her Langdon Street building in August 2006, guilty of battery and attempted sexual assault Wednesday after several hours of emotional testimony.  

According to WKOW-TV, the victim testified 34-year-old Aud followed her down Langdon Street before attacking her inside her building's stairwell. She said Aud punched her up to 10 times before kneeling over and attempting to unzip his pants. 

During cross-examination, however, the victim admitted to leaving out certain details of the attack, specifically Aud trying to unzip his pants. 

Aud's attorney, Corey Chirafisi, acknowledged his client did attack the victim, but never attempted to sexually assault her, as reported by WKOW-TV. 

Aud chose to have Dane County Court Judge John Markson decide the fate of the trial rather than a jury.  

In August 2007, while released on bail from this case, Aud was arrested again for lewd behavior in his SUV on the west side of Madison, according to court documents.