Cursive comes from ‘curse’ for a reason

What's annoying, dull and only used by people who are trying to seem intelligent, but are actually proving they're glorified third graders? 

If you said ""cursive writing,"" you are absolutely correct. ""Latin"" would have also been acceptable, although that dead language is mainly (at least in my experience) used by fourth graders. 

Cursive writing, the bane of elementary school, seems to be making a comeback, a development that absolutely frightens me.  

It's scary whenever someone wants to write a negative comment, they'll resort to using cursive to make sure the intended target cannot read it, because it might make them feel bad. 

This statement is especially obvious for TAs, who use the cursed writing system to slink their negative grades onto unsuspecting students. 

They know that nobody can read this dead language and therefore think writing such things as ""You're the reason abortions were invented"" or ""Useless personal pronouns"" can just slide on by with the pupil accepting their BC. 

I won't just accept this though! Cursive has got to go. 

I understand cursive can be an every-once-in-a-while thing, like when helping your third grade brother do homework or when convincing your third grade brother's hot teacher that you care about the children, it's perfectly acceptable.  

But I have little sway with the cursive gatekeepers of this world, so my recommendation is to abduct your own third grader and force him to translate any cursive scripted messages you receive. Not only can you then read the notes, but since third graders are inherently cute, they'll lighten the shock of the inherently negative notes.  

With a third grader translating, suddenly a note deriding your sexual promiscuity becomes a cutely cheerful ""Mr. Kevin! This note says ‘The tests came back positive, SEE ME IMMEDIATELY!' I'm guessing positive is a good thing, yay!!!"" 

At the very least, everyone will get a good laugh before you die from a massive case of Super-Gono-Sypho-Chlymido-Hepatitiso-AIDS. 

But I do know that not many third graders are available, and simply taking one is generally frowned upon—even if you offer them free candy for climbing into your van. 

The only benefit I've heard for cursive is that it's faster, looks nicer and is somewhat legible, unlike anything I've ever written. But to the people who claim that, I say, ""Screw them."" Or more precisely, I guess, ""Screw them.""  

Say someone went to ancient Egypt and said, ""Hey, those picture looking things take forever to draw ... just write ‘Mummy' if you want to say ‘Evil thing from hell that feasts upon the living when played by Boris Karloff.'"" I'm pretty sure they would have eaten him alive, much like people should do to those who still use cursive. 

My main problem with the script, aside from the fact nobody can read it, is that nobody can read it. If someone handed me a sheet of directions, and it's written in cursive, I have no idea how to respond. 

When an uppercase Q looks like a 2, there's going to be problems—what if someone really did want to 2uest, and I had no idea what that meant? 

The only silver lining I see in the whole ordeal is if aliens ever take over the cursive-run world, our conquerors won't know how to read our texts and our life support systems will remain intact, allowing for our glorious Battlefield Earth-esque revival. 

However, I shudder to think if third grader aliens invade our world...