Just Off Campus...

Monroe Street runs southwest of Camp Randall, just off of Regent Street. It has some unique stores worth checking out, especially if you've never been to that area of Madison. 

Orange Tree Imports: 1721 Monroe St. sells a unique combination of everything from kitchenware, glassware, soaps, home items and more. 

Capital City Comics: 1910 Monroe St. has classic comics and collectibles as well as current comic books. 

Maurie's Fine Chocolates and Candies: 1637 Monroe St. will surely please any candy lover. 

West Towne Mall is at the corner of Gammon Road and Mineral Point Road on the west side of Madison. 

East Towne Mall is, naturally, on Madison's east side just off East Washington Avenue near Thierer Road. 

Hours at both malls are Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. 

Don't have a car? Madison Metro Buses 63 and 67 go to the West Towne Mall; Buses 6, 20 and 30 go to the East Towne Mall. If you don't want to carry all your shopping bags back on the bus, take a taxi back to campus. 

Visit www.shopwesttowne-mall.com and www.shopeasttowne-mall.com for a list of stores at each mall. 

You probably know where you can shop on State Street, but here are a few suggestions to get the shopping season started. 

Jazzman: 340 State St. sells classy men's clothing for any man in your life, whether it is a brother, father or boyfriend. 

Pop Deluxe: 310 State St. is the place to find gifts you never even knew existed. From funny to functional, you'll find something even for those impossible-to-buy-for friends. 

Tellus Mater: 409 State St. is the perfect place to find a gift for moms and aspiring Martha Stewarts. The store has homeware galore.