Just Off Campus

This weekend, the 29th annual Willy Street Fair will take over the 800, 900 and 1000 blocks of Williamson Street on Madison's Eastside. 

The fair is a community block party, but for UW-Madison students, it's a chance to get a taste of Madison life outside of the campus bubble. 

With nearly 150 vendors, fair includes food, drink and art from cultures in Madison and around the globe. 

The festival will feature six music stages, with music including rock, underground, cultural and DJs. 

On Saturday, the fair is on the 900 block of Williamson Street. 

The festival expands on Sunday to blocks 800, 900 and 1000. The fair's claim to fame is an eclectic parade at 11 a.m. on Sunday. 

The Willy Street Fair is a fundraiser for both the Wil-Mar Neighborhood Center and Common Wealth Development. 

Directions to the Willy Street Fair 

Williamson Street is locacted on the east side of Madison, so your best bet to get to the Willy Street Fair is by bus. 

The most direct routes on Saturday and Sunday are the 4 and the 7. Get on at the corner of West Johnson Street at North Park Street, right in front of Sellery Hall. 

Get off the bus at the corner of Jenifer and Patterson streets, just a block away from the fair.  

For bus times, visit www.mymetrobus.com.