Game of the Week

Saturday's game between LSU and Alabama has huge implications in both the Bowl Championship Series and the Southeastern conference. If LSU wins then not only will the Tigers move to the top five in the BCS, but they will also tie the Crimson Tide and Auburn for first place in the SEC West.  

The key for Alabama is its offense. Last weekend, its defense was the only source of points against Mississippi State, which has been outscored 153-33 in its conferences losses. If the Tide is going to beat LSU, then quarterback Brodie Croyle is going to have to put up bigger numbers. 

His offense has only been able to put up an average of 12 points in its SEC games. However, if the Tide win, then they will have the momentum going into Auburn and maybe even contend for the BCS title game. 

LSU must also improve its offense. Last weekend, the Tigers only put up 24 points against Division I-AA Appalachian State. Another lackluster effort may cause some problems facing the Crimson Tide, who have one of the best defenses in the country. Quarterback JaMarcus Russell, who had 208 yards against Appalachian State, must match Heisman hopeful Croyle's production if the Tigers want to come up with a huge victory on the road.