Game of the Week

This weekend, all eyes should be on the Lone Star state as Big XII rivals Texas and Texas Tech face off. Both teams are 6-0 and are undoubtedly the leaders of the conference.  

Texas has held the No. 2 ranking in the polls all season. Star quarterback Vince Young has led the Longhorns past ranked teams Ohio State, Oklahoma and Colorado with his impressive passing and mobility. Young's performance in last week's game against Colorado exemplified his abilities. Against the Buffaloes, Young ran for three touchdowns and passed for two more as Texas eased past Colorado for a 42-17 victory. 

The No. 10 Red Raiders will counter Young by relying on their shotgun offense and strong passing. Although their schedule has been less threatening than the Longhorns', Texas Tech has still been able to outscore the opposition with consistency from quarterback Cody Hodges. Hodges demolished Kansas State in last week's 59-20 win by throwing for 643 yards and five touchdowns. Hodges is leading the NCAA in passing with 410.2 yards per game.  

History favors the Longhorns. Texas has beaten the Red Raiders in seven of their last 10 meetings. This matchup will likely determine the winner of the Big XII South division.