Complacency may be UW's biggest concern facing IU

Saturday, the Wisconsin Badgers (1-0 Big Ten, 4-0 overall) will play the Indiana Hoosiers (0-0, 3-0) for the first time since UW lost to the Hoosiers in back-to-back seasons in 2001 and 2002. Wisconsin, however, is 46-6-1 when playing unranked opponents in Camp Randall Stadium. 

This game is the conference opener for the undefeated Hoosiers. The Badgers are also the toughest team the Hoosiers have yet to face. Indiana is off to its best start since the 1994 season, and has had an impressive turnaround from last year, as this year's team has already matched last season's total wins. 

After a memorable win over the Michigan Wolverines, the Badgers cannot become arrogant and must concentrate on this week's game.  

\You have to be mature enough to let that win go and start refocusing on 1-0,"" head coach Barry Alvarez said Monday.  

It seems that Alvarez's mantra of ""1-0"" has started to resound in players' minds.  

""Obviously we're coming off a big emotional win against Michigan and right now the most important game for us is against Indiana,"" said junior tailback Brian Calhoun.  

The Badger offense has played well so far this season and has averaged 39.5 points per game. The Hoosier offense has also been an important factor in its three victories. Both teams have exceptional players that each defense needs to watch out for. 

Calhoun has been a major contributing factor in the Badgers' offense. He has a total of 626 rushing yards so far this season, ranking him third in the country. He also has nine rushing touchdowns and is tied at fifth in the country in scoring. John Stocco has a 13-3 record as a starter and scored the winning touchdown with 24 seconds to go in the game against Michigan.  

The Hoosiers' quarterback Blake Powers has thrown for 718 yards, 11 touchdowns and three interceptions. These numbers have garnered him a 154.42 quarterback rating. Also notable is senior running back Chris Taylor, who had a career-high 176 yards in Indiana's 38-14 win over rival Kentucky. Redshirt freshman and men's basketball player James Hardy has three receiving touchdowns as well as 266 receiving yards. He has become Powers' go-to-guy when the Hoosiers need yards. 

On the other side of the ball, the Badgers' defense has played four stellar games. Wisconsin's rush defense is ranked fifth in the nation, allowing only 262 rushing yards (65.5 yards per game). The Badgers are also tied for second in the Big Ten with 14 sacks. Thirteen different Badgers have at least one sack.  

Calhoun also noted that, ""Indiana poses a very big defensive threat, they are 3-0 and just came off a bye week so they've had the chance to prepare a little extra for us."" 

In years past, the Badgers have followed big wins with a heartbreaking loss the next week. As great as the Michigan game was, the Badgers have to keep in mind that Indiana is an up-and-coming team and on the prowl for a big win themselves.