Singing and dancing to the madness of March

This past weekend, I was worthless. I have an exam on Wednesday, but did I study for it much? Nope. I was too busy trying to figure out how Memphis's Darius Washington could miss two of three free throws with no time on the clock to let Louisville win by one in the Conference USA Championship game. Studying even had to wait after that game because next up was Georgia Tech versus North Carolina. Who could resist a UNC loss, or even Tech's dreamboat Luke Schenscher for that matter? 

How about those two papers I have due before spring break? I physically could not start them. I was hypnotized by Matt Walsh's curly blond hair flopping in the wind as he ran down court, and I had no choice but to watch Florida upset Kentucky in the SEC Championship. There was no hope for my papers after that either, considering the highlight of my day was going to be when we beat Illinois in the Big Ten Championship game. Well, we all know what happened, and sadly Walsh's hair became the highlight of my day. 

Oh yeah, and that whole showering thing? Well I did do that for my roommates' sake but on Sunday I didn't jump in until I found out the Badgers were heading to Oklahoma City.  

So as you can tell, I was not very productive this weekend. But you know what, I'm really OK with that because... 

It's the most wonderful time of the year! / There'll be plenty of upsets a stunnin' / And you can be sure Dick Vitale will be yellin' that's \Awesome Baby!"" right into your ear / It's the most wonderful time of the year. 

It's the hap-happiest season of all / With the opening meetings showing 30-point beatings / And hopefully the Illini finally fall! / It's the hap-happiest season of all. 

There'll be classes for skipping / And TVs to be flipping / Off when the ref makes a really bad call / The dance will end in St. Louis / But until then we'll be clueless as to who's going to win it all. 

It's the most wonderful time of the year / There'll be brackets a bustin' and you'll probably be cussin' because your champion just got upset by a 16 seed! 

It's the most wonderful time of the year / There'll be over-weight stomachs-a-painted and I think I just fainted because somehow Wisconsin won it all (maybe in a few years), 

It's the most wonderful time... 

It's the hap-happiest time... 

March Madness is the most wonderful time of the year! 

For the next three weeks Betsy will be stuck in front of her TV. If you are in any of her classes, you can e-mail notes to her at eagolomski@wisc.edu.