Badger grapplers face elite Hawkeyes

On the brink of Friday night's 7 p.m. wrestling showdown at the Fieldhouse between No. 9 Iowa and No. 12 Wisconsin, the Badgers have been performing at an elite level. However, when it comes to the history of collegiate wrestling, there has been no team more dominant than the Iowa Hawkeyes.??  

With 30 Big Ten Championships and 20 National Championships (including nine of the last 13) to their credit, no other team has come close to reaching their level of perfection within the sport.??Moreover, they are 67-7-3 all time vs. Wisconsin. However, times have changed within the Big Ten conference as many teams are now in the hunt for a precious Big Ten title, including the Badgers.??  

The Badgers have thus far exceeded all expectations. In fact, this will be the first time in the last 29 meetings between the two teams that Wisconsin has a realistic chance at beating Iowa. The Badgers, at 3-2 Big Ten, 16-4 overall, already have secured a 17-16 victory over Big Ten powerhouse Minnesota (Big Ten Champions four of the last five years).