News Briefs

Madison police apprehended three men in connection with an attempted robbery on Hawthorne Court early Friday morning. 

According to the police report, three men approached a male and female walking in the 400 block of Hawthorne Court shortly before 1 a.m. Two of the suspects tried to take the woman's purse, grabbed her arm and demanded she give them money. They said the suspects had a gun. 

The woman struggled away, and the suspects were apprehended in the area soon after. 

Police charged Andre L. Jones, 18, with attempted robbery, Aaron M. Dillard, 22, with disorderly conduct and a probation violation, and a juvenile with attempted robbery and curfew violation. 

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation's crime lab announced Friday that former Badger hockey player Dany Heatley was not drunk during the Sept. 29 crash that killed his Atlanta Thrashers teammate Dan Snyder, according to the Associated Press. 

A spokesperson for the Fulton County, Ga., district attorney's office said Heatley had consumed alcohol but not enough to show accurately on a lab test. 

Dan Snyder was buried Friday in his hometown of Elmira, Ontario. His parents said at his funeral Friday that they do not blame Heatley for their son's death. 

\We are all human beings and human beings make mistakes,"" Dan Snyder's father, Graham Snyder, said.