Time for a little love

Mediocre. The one word used by everyone this year to describe basketball in not only the Big Ten, but also the Badgers men's squad. But, give me a break. Mediocre is Michigan State and??Indiana, however, mediocre is NOT the UW Badgers.??  

In all honesty, if it was not for UW's Final Four team in 2000, I seriously question whether people outside of the Big Ten would even remember that UW even had a basketball team today, let alone a mediocre one.??  

For instance, take this past Tuesday night's game at home versus the Spartans of MSU. I had the luxury of watching the game from my recliner, the best seat in the house, but at the same time had to put up with the ridiculous commentary of ESPN.??During the game, there was honestly more reference to Marcus Taylor, MSU's ex-guard who left last season for the NBA draft, than UW sophomore forward Mike Wilkinson, who was actually playing in the game and had 14 points and nine rebounds.??  

Blaming MSU's offensive woes on their youth rather than acknowledging the stellar defense of UW--give me a break. For those who watched the game and wanted to know why the Badgers were winning and why MSU was having problems on offense, it was because they forced 15 MSU turnovers and only committed five.??FIVE!??Oh yeah, but you would not have known that if you were watching the game because the commentators failed to mention that key statistic.??  

This is not a new occurence as half the time, the commentators do not even say the right names for the Badger players. Kirk who? Devin huh? Mike Wilkin-what?  

On top of that, does anyone else remember that UW won the Big Ten title last year? Apparently not, since Illinois, Indiana and Ohio State won a share as well and they are clearly all that the Big Ten conference has to offer. The tides are changing in the Big Ten and Wisconsin is proving to be adjusting well. Rather than constantly talking about how Indiana and MSU have faltered this year, why not put forth the effort to talk about how the Badgers, and even Purdue, are playing great ball.''  

For the second year in a row, UW is atop the Big Ten conference and thus far, the Badgers boast a 17-5 overall and 7-3 conference record, better than half the so-called \top"" teams in the nation.?? Frankly, it's asinine that the Badgers are not considered one of the top 25 teams in the nation.??  

With V-Day one day away, it gives guys one more day to gather up their guts to profess their undying love for their crush. It also gives the college basketball world one more day to gather up their guts and show the Badgers Men's basketball team a little love.??