Hoosiers coming to the Kohl

With losses by Michigan and Purdue earlier this week, Wisconsin (7-3 Big Ten, 17-5 overall) finds itself tied atop the Big Ten standings. The Badgers cannot get complacent now as a hungry Indiana (5-5, 15-8) arrives at the Kohl Center for a Big Ten clash this Saturday. 

The Hoosiers have struggled as of late, losing five of their last six, but they may have turned the corner earlier this week with a solid victory over Michigan.  

\They're a solid team. They play real well, they just hit a rough spot on he road,"" sophomore forward Mike Wilkinson said. ""But they look like they got their form back against Michigan."" 

To add to Indiana's resurgent play, freshman guard phenom Bracey Wright seems to have overcome his prior injury. Wright, who averages 27.6 points per game, is perhaps one of the best guards in the country. 

""He's as good a guard as there can be in the country for a freshman; but he plays like he is a junior,"" Head Coach Bo Ryan said. ""He's a great athlete. He's a very good shooter and quite a competitor."" 

As if Wright will not cause enough matchup issues, Indiana boasts a large starting lineup compared to the Badgers. Indiana's significant height advantage may create great opportunities both offensively and defensively. Wilkinson, though, begs to differ. 

""I'm going to take it as a challenge,"" Wilkinson said. ""I'm going to go try and stop them, see if my defensive game is better than his offensive game and we're going to go from there."" 

Facing other tall teams in Big Ten play, the Badgers feel prepared for whatever lineup Indiana puts out. The Badgers' game plan also involves many key defensive tactics which are necessary if they are to be victorious come Saturday. 

""We can't let them get easy shots, we got to challenge the guys on the outside perimeter shots, and we got to limit them to one shot,"" freshman guard Alando Tucker said. ""We can't let them get offensive rebounds and reset their offense. The less shots they get, the easier it's going to be for us."" 

Perhaps the biggest advantage the Badgers have against the Hoosiers is the Grateful Red. The Kohl Center has been a house of horrors for Badger opponents in the Big Ten, as the team holds a perfect record at home. 

""Our fans are terrific,"" Tucker said. ""They came through a snowstorm against Michigan State. That's our sixth or seventh man right there; they give us their support and we just try to build off of that."" 

With the home crowd behind them, the Badgers will be tough to beat.