Thirty years later: Roe v. Wade faces challenges

Heads up, students!  

This is the 30th year that all American women have had the right to decide for themselves whether or not they are ready to become mothers. It may also be the last.  

The fate of Roe v. Wade is in the hands of the U.S. Senate. Pay attention to where Senators Feingold and Kohl stand on this issue and remind the Senate to confirm only those judicial nominees who affirm the fundamental human and civil right to make personal decisions about childbearing. 

Don't forget that just one Supreme Court Justice retirement could tip the scale against a woman's right to choose. 

America's pro-choice majority must make their voices heard now. The upcoming 30th anniversary of Roe v. Wade is a strong reminder of what's at stake for women in this nation and worldwide. Roe v. Wade enabled women's full social, economic and political participation in the life of our nation, and yet, around the world, unsafe abortion remains a leading killer of women. Please remember those who have died from unsafe abortions, and those who have triumphed to help empower women through safe, legal access to this fundamental civil right.  

Roe v. Wade, the landmark 1973 decision, recognized a woman's right to make her own reproductive decisions. Unfortunately, in the last few years this right has been attacked by an anti-choice movement whose behavior has threatened this basic human right--the right for women to have autonomy and control over their own bodies, and the right to privacy.  

The most dire and immediate threat to Roe lies in the possibility of an anti-choice majority on the U.S. Supreme Court. In light of this threat; please don't forget your commitment to Roe v. Wade--support programs and legislation (and legislators!) that can best protect reproductive freedom and provide responsible and healthy choices to all Americans.