Ashcroft presents plans for terrorism in Wis. visit

U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft was in Milwaukee Thursday presenting plans for an anti-terrorism task force composed of federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported. 

Ashcroft also described an \integral link"" between Midwestern cities ""in the chain that leads to a terrorist attack because terroists trained in the U. S. can reside in any part of the country."" 

""Places that might not be directly involved as sites for terrorism may be an integral link in the chain that leads to a terrorist act,"" Ashcroft said during his announcement. 

""Terrorist activity was trained in Afghanistan, planned in Europe, [with] additional training in cities across America from the Southwest, Oklahoma City, Florida, Minneapolis'which isn't all that far from Milwaukee,"" he said. 

According to the Journal Sentinal report, officials said that of the 56 FBI field offices, 36 already have joint terrorism task forces, with the remaining ones being added under the new initiative.