Energizer dummy and overconsumption

The mechanical drone of a drill pierces through the serenity of the morning air. The dismal landscape, rendered lifeless by years of destructive mistreatment, extends into the distance as far as the eye can see. Not a single tree protrudes on the horizon, a charcoal-colored cloud serving as the only obstruction to a view of eternal bleakness. 

Although it may be argued that the perpetual popularity of professional wrestling is the largest indicator of American ignorance, the prevalent attitude of indifference towards the devastation of the environment is not very far behind. 

As demonstrated by the amount of time the average person spends watching reality television, Americans tend to set priorities in a strange and shortsighted fashion. In fact, the American people continue to ignore imminent dangers to the environment in the interest of energy production just like they ignored their sick infant during the final episode of \Survivor.""  

In a way, modern man is like a new freshman with a bottle of Jose Cuervo, enjoying himself in excess without thinking about the upcoming hours he will have to spend on the grimy floor of the stall in the dormitory bathroom. 

Nothing embodies the environmental ignorance of the American public like the sport utility vehicle, the monstrosity that overcrowds our highways and guzzles our diminishing natural resources at alarming speeds.  

In addition to the benefits of consuming excessive amounts of gas and polluting the air, wealthy Americans are attracted to the SUV because it is seen as a status symbol. It is said to be safer in an accident, allowing SUV drivers to feel very stylish while their colossal atrocity flattens the fool who had the audacity to drive a Dodge Neon.  

The popularity of the SUV may also be linked to the American tendency to consume too much food, as many Americans need a ridiculously oversized vehicle to fit the ridiculously oversized posteriors of the entire Dorito-consuming family. 

Unfortunately, most people are blind to the damage unleashed by the maintenance of their disposable plastic lifestyles. For instance, pollution has reached such drastic levels that it is actually unsafe to breathe the air in many parts of the nation.  

In a perfect world, the only concern surrounding the inhalation of toxic substances would involve figuring out how long to microwave the frozen burritos. With today's levels of air pollution, however, a day's worth of normal breathing can leave even the most alto voice sounding like a cross between Marlon Brando in ""The Godfather"" and Jonathan Davis of Korn. 

One of the most distressing aspects of environmental destruction is the fact that it is actually within our power to make a huge difference, yet we continue to ignore solutions such as recycling and alternative forms of energy.  

The tendency to disregard such solutions is exacerbated by the leader of our nation, whose only experience with the marvel of solar power occurred when he concentrated the rays of the sun with a magnifying glass to explode an ant, an event which left him so deeply intrigued that he went as far as to exclaim ""Huh-huh, it blowed up!"" 

Despite the many warning signs and the possibilities for alleviating the problem, America remains entrenched in her destructive lifestyle of excessive consumption, and the earth chugs its way toward deterioration, headed straight for the bathroom floor.