Ashcroft warns of possible future attacks

America received its second warning in under a month concerning future terrorist attacks as FBI Director Robert Mueller and U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft addressed the nation in a press conference Monday.  

\The administration has concluded, based on information developed, that there may be additional terrorist attacks within the United States and against the United States over the next week,"" Ashcroft said, according to The New York Times. 

A similar statement was made Oct. 11, the one-month anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks on America. 

Ashcroft said the information, sent to 18,000 law enforcement agencies around the country, was not specific in nature about the possible threats, but asked officials to be diligent in their everyday activities. 

""We urge Americans in the course of their normal activities to remain alert and to report unusual circumstances and inappropriate behavior to the appropriate authorities,"" Ashcroft said, according to a Times report. 

Madison Police Department officials said they had not specifically received the new warning as of Monday evening.