UW System and Alliant Energy celebrates faculty and student with excellence awards

Annual faculty turnover report reveals UW-Extension lost nearly a quarter of faculty in the 2018 fiscal year. 

In honor of their contributions to their institutions and communities, UW System students and staff received the Erroll B. Davis, Jr. Academic Achievement Award and Alliant Energy/Underkofler Excellence in Teaching Award.

“Their remarkable academic and volunteer achievements inspire us all as we work to help more students develop their talents and full potential on the path to success.” said UW System President Ray Cross in the press release.

The Alliant Energy/Erroll B. Davis, Jr. Academic Achievement Award recognizes the outstanding academic and community service efforts of students from traditionally underrepresented minority groups who are pursuing a degree in business or engineering at UW-Madison or UW-Platteville.

In its 12th year, the four recipients included Alli Abolarin and Coty Weathersby, members of the senior class of UW-Madison and two UW-Platteville seniors, Kolbi Lackey and Jonathan Yancy.

Paul Hooker of UW-Madison, Valerie Murrenus Pilmaier of UW-Green Bay and Muthu Venkateshwaran of UW-Platteville received recognition in the 26th annual Alliant Energy/Underkofler Excellence in Teaching Awards.

This award honors exemplary faculty and academic staff whose dedication to teaching inspires students and exemplifies the best values of the UW System — including scholarship and community service.