Blank elected onto Association of American Universities’ Board of Directors

UW-Madison Chancellor Blank announced that she will be on the Association of American Universities via Twitter Tuesday.

Chancellor Rebecca Blank will now serve on the board of directors for the Association of American Universities, an organization that influences policy for higher education.

Blank’s election onto the board, which she announced on Twitter Tuesday, means that she will work with other directors to present and approve educational policy and allocate the organization’s yearly budget. Blank was previously an ambassador of UW-Madison for the AAU, university spokesperson Meredith McGlone said.

Twitter Tweet

“AAU works on the most important and pressing issues facing higher education today and is a strong national voice, so the Chancellor's new role is an exciting opportunity to build an even stronger connection with an organization whose work we've long valued and supported,” McGlone said.

The AAU is made up of 62 universities that foster progress in areas of education and research. According to the organization, member universities are using research to improve people’s lives and shape students into future innovators and leaders.