Expelled UW-Madison student Alec Cook is facing another felony charge, in sexual assault cases now involving eleven women, after being accused of cornering a student in a dormitory laundry room in 2014. 

Cook to face another felony charge in cases now involving 11 women

Expelled UW-Madison student Alec Cook, who is set to go to trial on nearly two dozen criminal counts including second-degree sexual assault, strangulation and stalking, will face another felony charge after an 11th woman reported he cornered her in a dormitory building.

The newest charges, false imprisonment and disorderly conduct, were filed late last month and released to the public Wednesday, according to a criminal complaint obtained by the Wisconsin State Journal.

The woman told police in March that she was stalked by Cook for several months in 2014, according to the criminal complaint. After the two met at UW-Madison orientation in July, the woman said Cook began texting her multiple times a day and following her around campus. He allegedly cornered her in a university dormitory laundry room in September, refusing to let her leave until a half hour later when two of her friends showed up.

Cook and his attorneys, Chris Van Wagner and Jessa Nicholson, waived a right to a preliminary hearing and set a signature bond Thursday for the new charges.

Since Cook’s arrest in October 2016, 11 women have come forward to report the 20-year-old. In December 2016, Cook was released to his home of Edina, Minn., on a $100,000 bail. His expulsion from the university became official last week.

A scheduling conference, at which a trial date for the larger case against Cook is likely to be set, is scheduled for this afternoon. The newest charges could also be added to that case.