Authorities have still not found 32-year-old Joseph A. Jakubowsky who is suspected of robbing a gun store and is considered “armed and dangerous."

Janesville man who threatened schools, churches still on the run

A burglary of a gun store Tuesday has escalated into a nation-wide search for Joseph Jakubowsky, a Janesville-area man who has reportedly threatened to carry out an attack on an undisclosed location. As of Sunday, Jakubowsky’s whereabouts are still unknown.

Authorities have intensely increased surveillance and patrol in Wisconsin, especially near churches and schools, which Jakubowsky has threatened. He also threatened public officials, according to the Janesville Gazette.

It is believed that Jakubowsky has 16 high-end firearms and at least one automatic weapon.

Jakubowsky also sent a 161-page manifesto to President Donald Trump Friday in which he expressed his anti-religious and anti-government opinions.

During a Friday press conference, Rock County Sheriff Robert Spoden said 150 local, state and federal law enforcement officials are on the hunt of the 32-year-old. There is currently a $10,000 reward for anyone with information that could lead to Jakubowsky’s arrest.

The FBI said it is of national interest to capture Jakubowsky.

In wake of Jakubowsky’s threats against schools, several schools in Rock and other counties went on lockdown Thursday and some even closed Friday.

Authorities have asked the public not to approach Jakubowsky if found but rather to call 911. Individuals with a tip can call 1-800-CALLFBI (225-5424). Investigators have followed up on 320 tips so far.