Counties across the state are slated to finish a recount of the state’s general election results by next week, the state Elections Commission said Monday.

Counties slated to finish recount by deadline

All counties are on track to report their recount results by the federally mandated Dec. 13 deadline, the state said Monday.

Dane County Clerk Scott McDonell also released a statement earlier in the day detailing the progress of the recount in Dane County.

“We are one-third of the way through the number of days we have to conduct the recount and we are slightly ahead of schedule with over 100,000 ballots counted to date,” McDonell said.

McDonell said the machines have so far been found to be “extremely accurate.”

“As in any recount, a few ballots were marked in a way that could not be read by the tabulator, but the voter intent is clear,” he said. “The candidate’s name was circled but the oval was not completed. There have been a few examples of incomplete absentee certificates that has caused a draw-down of ballots per the recount guidelines provided by the state.”

He also noted that the process has been “very smooth” and the observers of the process have been “respectful at all times.”

The Wisconsin Elections Commission reported similar results statewide. A recount has been underway since last week, after Green Party candidate Jill Stein requested the procedure, alleging unsubstantiated reports of hacking into voting machines.

All counties are on track to finish their counting by next Monday evening, the Elections Commission said in a release. The release noted that a small number of votes had been miscounted due to human error but that there is still no evidence of widespread fraud.