Civil rights advocate Rabia Chaudry will be the keynote speaker at the first UW-Madison Diversity Forum Nov. 1.

Rabia Chaudry to be keynote speaker at diversity forum

Attorney, author and podcaster Rabia Chaudry will discuss civil rights, gender and faith as the featured keynote speaker at the UW-Madison Diversity Forum Nov. 1.

The public forum, hosted by the Office of the Vice Provost and Chief Diversity Officer Patrick Sims and the Center for Diversity, Equity, and Educational Achievement, will cover the Chancellor’s diversity proposals, building engagement and inclusion, overcoming implicit bias in education and diversity practices on campus.

The forum will feature several speakers and allow students to participate in break-out discussions.The main town hall-style talk, titled “Communities in Crisis,” will examine a variety of contemporary issues.

Chaudry co-hosts and co-produces the podcast “Undisclosed,” is a National Security Fellow at the New America Foundation, a practitioner of federal immigration law and a frequent public speaker on civil rights and gender.

This year the Center is including two extra sessions for students working during second- and third-shift hours. The first forum will take place in Varsity Hall in Union South.