Brent Colburn (left), Richie Hunter (center) and Charles B. Hoslet (right) have been selected as finalists for UW-Madison vice chancellor for university relations.

Three finalists selected to fill vice chancellor for university relations opening

Three finalists were recently selected in the search for a new UW-Madison vice chancellor for university relations.

A nine-member search committee made up of faculty and university staff chose Charles B. Hoslet, Brent Colburn and Richie Hunter as finalists to fill the opening, according to a UW-Madison press release.

Hoslet has been serving as interim vice chancellor for university relations since longtime UW-Madison staff member Vince Sweeney retired from the post in August.

Colburn served as the assistant to the secretary of defense for public affairs until 2015, and was also national communications director for President Barack Obama’s campaign in 2012.

Hunter has been vice chancellor and vice president of university marketing, communication and media relations at the University of Houston since 2013.

The vice chancellor for university relations is responsible for “strategic short-term and long-term communications and relationship building with key external audiences and with the multiple internal audiences inside the university,” according to the university website.

Each of the candidates will give a public presentation at Union South. Hoslet will present on Feb. 16, Colburn on Feb. 22 and Hunter on Feb. 23, and all presentations will take place at 10:45 a.m. Videos of the presentations will also be available online.