uwpd.jpeg

Madison man arrested for sexual assault in Eagle Heights

The offender is a UW-Madison alum, while the victim is not affiliated with the university.

The University of Wisconsin-Madison Police Department (UWPD) responded to a call about a sexual assault early Tuesday morning on Dec. 7. The incident occurred in the Eagle Heights community on the UW campus. The UWPD reported that the suspect was arrested later that day.

The victim and offender were acquaintances, according to the victim. 

The victim told investigators that the suspect, Robin Perkins, 34, invited them into his apartment where the sexual assault took place. The victim was eventually able to leave the apartment to call 911. 

Eagle Heights is a community of apartment buildings apart of UW Housing serving campus community members. Perkins is a former UW-Madison student, while the victim is not affiliated with the university. 

The UWPD arrested Perkins Tuesday afternoon. He was booked into the Dane County Jail on one count of third-degree sexual assault and bail jumping.  

In August, Perkins was arrested for disorderly conduct and second-degree sexual assault of an unconscious victim. He was also accused of fourth-degree sexual assault in November, court records show. 

Perkins was released the following Thursday on Dec. 9. UWPD believes he may return home to the Eagle Heights community, where he currently resides.

"UW-Madison prohibits sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, stalking, sexual harassment and sexual exploitation," an email to students sent Thursday morning read. "These acts will not be tolerated on campus and may be a violation of Wisconsin law as well as the student code of conduct."

Editor's note: This article was edited at 9:48 a.m. on Dec. 10, 2021 to reflect that Perkins is a former UW-Madison student and not an alum.