IMG_0900.JPG

An honest review of Madison’s newest Target

On Oct. 26, 2021, a new Target opened on State Street, which many students believed was a needed addition. The nearest Target is a bus or car ride away, leaving students with limited options to get necessities. But, is this Target all it's hyped up to be? 

There is constantly a line to get in outside, so it may be easier just to go to Walgreens. It is also much smaller than most Targets, making the stock more limited. I interviewed students to get their honest review of the new Target and figure out if it is truly worth the wait.

After checking out the new Target for myself, I asked sophomores Adrienne Rassmussen and Emily Barnhill about their Target experiences. Adrienne said she likes to go at “off times” to avoid the line and has always had a positive experience. She is able to find everything she needs efficiently and raves about the new store. 

However, Emily struggled more than Adrienne with finding some of her necessities. She did mention that they had plenty of fresh produce which she really appreciated. Emily did have to wait in line, but she said never for longer than five minutes. However, the line does not bother her or make her less inclined to go in. But as it gets colder in Madison, waiting outside in a line could be a major inconvenience for students. 

Overall, the Target seems to be a good addition to State Street. While it is not perfect, it is much more convenient than going to Hilldale or hoping Walgreens has what you are looking for. I would recommend going earlier in the morning and avoiding the after class rush if you do not want to wait in line. It’s organized, easy to navigate and has most of the necessary items a college student would need. 

The convenience of being on State Street just can not be beat for most students, so even if there is a line or limited items, I think this Target is still going to be a huge hit.