news_paintball.jpg

Madison police took five people to jail over the weekend as a result of two incidents involving paintball and BB guns. 

Incidents with paintball and BB guns land five in jail over the weekend

Two separate incidents involving paintball and BB guns landed five suspects in jail over the weekend, according to Madison police. 

The problems began Friday night near East Towne Mall when a man told police he had been the target of a paintball attack from a moving vehicle. Police eventually stopped the car and the suspects — aged 18, 21 and 28 — were taken to jail for criminal damage to property, disorderly conduct, battery and unlawful discharge of a paintball gun. One of the suspects was also found to be in possession of cocaine and was subsequently charged with possession. 

The next day, police responded to a call at an East Side Family Dollar to search for a 20-year-old suspect who was hiding in the store after shooting a 25-year-old in the chest and face with a BB gun. The victim had allegedly threatened the suspect’s boyfriend with a glass bottle, prompting the suspect to respond with the BB gun.

Following the attack, the suspect ran into the Family Dollar store with the victim in close pursuit, hurling threats at the suspect. In response, the suspect hid in the store until police arrived and arrested her. The victim was also arrested and charged with disorderly conduct while armed.