Dana Rettke has been huge for Wisconsin throughout this year, leading the team on and off the court.

Wisconsin Volleyball Upsets No. 2 Texas, Sweeps HotelRED Invitational

This past weekend, the Wisconsin Badgers volleyball team (3-1) picked up two huge wins against two strong programs in the HotelRED Invitational.

In Saturday’s home opener, the No. 8 Wisconsin Badgers welcomed No. 2 Texas Longhorns (3-1) to a sold-out Wisconsin Field House. In what many expected to be a grueling, five-set match, the Badgers put on a display of dominance winning 3-1, including a 25-12 drubbing of the Longhorns in the fourth and final set.

Sophomore outside hitter Grace Loberg led the way with a double-double, hitting .457 with 19 kills and 18 digs. Redshirt sophomore outside hitter Molly Haggerty also had a double-double, hitting .324 with 16 kills and 15 digs. Sophomore setter Sydney Hilley had 50 assists. Senior Tionna Williams set the tone on defense with five blocks.

On Sunday, UW continued their strong play, beating the High Point Panthers (1-5) 3-1. With Loberg earning a day off after her impressive performance, freshman middle blocker Danielle Hart saw some of the first extended action of her career, performing well. Hart finished with seven kills, hitting .389 with no hitting errors, and also had six blocks. She became increasingly impactful as the match wore on.

Sophomore middle blocker Dana Rettke also made an impact on Sunday, with 14 kills to go along with nine blocks.

Sophomore setter and captain Sydney Hilley brought home MVP of the tournament, continuing to make a case for best setter in the Big Ten.

The Badgers will make a trip down south on Friday to take on No. 15 Baylor and North Texas.