Police are searching for suspects after three armed robberies took place within six hours Tuesday morning.

Madison sees three armed robberies in six hours

Tuesday morning proved to be unexpectedly busy for Madison police, as three separate armed robberies occured within six hours of each other.

The first robbery happened about 20 minutes after midnight, when the suspect approached the victim as he was delivering pizza near Warner Park and pointed a firearm at him. The suspect reportedly forced the victim to lie on the ground and demanded the victim’s money and personal property, which he then left with.

This is the fifth time since May that pizza delivery workers in the city of Madison have been victims of robberies.

Less than an hour later, police responded to a report of an armed robbery at a Shell gas station on University Avenue. A man reportedly threatened the clerk with a knife before going behind the counter and taking cash out of the register. Police believe this crime is related to a nearly identical crime that occurred at the Shell station on Sept 2.

The third robbery occurred at about 6:15 a.m. outside of the UW Credit Union building on Commercial Avenue in northeast Madison. An ATM technician was working on a machine when a man approached him with a gun and took money from the machine. The suspect also took the technician’s belt, which included his handgun.

Police have not yet apprehended any of the three suspects.