After multiple wins for Wisconsin Democrats, Gov. Walker expressed concern for a “blue wave” hitting the state.

Gov. Walker warns conservatives as Democrats hope to ride “blue wave” into November

Gov. Scott Walker is going on the offensive following loses for Republicans at the polls on Tuesday, taking to Twitter to emphasize his worry about a potential “Blue Wave” in the state and the effects it could have on his conservative base. Walker’s statements come following a string of liberal victories within Wisconsin.

Earlier this year, state Sen. Patty Schachtner, D-River Falls, won a seat that was previously under Republican control for 17 years. President Trump previously won the district by 17 points. Walker tweeted at the time that the loss served as a “wakeup call” for conservatives.

Many posited that the election of Sen. Schachtner led Walker to block special elections to fill vacant seats in Assembly District 42 and Senate District 1.

Former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder sued Walker over the issue, resulting in a court order requiring timely elections to fill the vacancies.

“Walker is afraid of the Blue Tsunami,” Holder said in a recent visit to campus.

Holder was, in part, campaigning for state Supreme Court-elect Rebecca Dallet who defeated Sauk County Circuit Judge Michael Screnock on Tuesday. Dallet’s election marked the first time in 23 years that a liberal won a seat on the court as a non-incumbent.

Following Dallet’s victory, Walker let his voice on the matter be heard, focusing in particular on special-interest involvement in the race and characterizing the left as detrimental to his policies.

“Big government special interests flooded Wisconsin with distorted facts & misinformation. Next, they'll target me and work to undo our bold reforms. We need to keep moving #WIForward & make sure a #BlueWave of outside special interest money doesn’t take us backward.”

Walker then called on conservatives to get involved in his campaign for re-election.

“We have a positive story to tell & we need conservatives to take action and stop a #BlueWave by getting out there and telling it. Volunteer to share our optimistic plan for the future.”