Transitioning to a spring closet

It’s finally February! January can seem to drag on forever, especially when the days are dark, bitter cold and the sun barely makes an appearance. Sometimes we need a boost to get us through the last couple months of the season. Although it’s not spring yet, the best way to add creativity to your day and lift your mood is by slowly shifting your winter wardrobe. Follow these tips to bring color back into your daily style while still taking into consideration the cold weather.

These small, painless changes can help transition your wardrobe from boring, winter repeats into trendsetting spring fashion! Each change in your style will give you the push you need to continue trekking through the winter months, even if they seem endless. Always remember that spring is just around the corner.

Although you might want to, do not reach for your sundress just yet; instead try to work in bright colors through accessories. Opt for a hot pink beanie or layer on a vibrant fuchsia scarf! Mix and match both colors and patterns, however try to do so subtly. If you decide to wear brighter colors, it’s helpful to tone down your base layers with black or other neutrals in order to emphasize that you are not only ready for spring, but also still incorporating your winter wardrobe basics.

Ditch the winter parka and instead pile on sweaters, cardigans and blazers. Test your style on warmer days where you know you won’t be freezing cold on your walk from Vilas to Agriculture Hall. Long sleeves, light sweaters and cardigans would look perfect under a bright spring jacket. Don’t be afraid to blend textures, like pairing a wool sweater with a denim jacket. You will still keep warm while also experimenting with exciting spring fashion.

This subtle touch will not only scream spring, but will also echo recent high-fashion trends, making you look like a polished supermodel. Whether the embroidery is on jackets, light sweaters or even a handbag, each detail will draw attention to your clothing while also indicating that you’re ready for spring! For a fun, holiday-inspired look, try out embroidered hearts and XOXO decal to wear throughout February in anticipation for Valentine’s Day.