Badgers test momentum at Michigan

Thursday night, the Wisconsin Badgers (3-2-2 Big Ten, 6-4-5 overall), coming off a dominant win against Iowa, will travel to Ann Arbor, Mich., to take on No. 25 Michigan (5-2-0, 9-3-1), which has yet to lose at home this season.

On Sunday, the Badgers put all the pieces together defensively and shut down a Hawkeyes team that never got the chance to produce much offense. Every player on the field put together a complete game, leading to a 1-0 victory. Sophomore forward Emily Borgmann recorded her fourth goal of the season, taking the top spot on the team, while senior midfielder Rose Lavelle leads the team in shots on goal with 23.

Michigan is coming off back-to-back losses on the road last weekend to Illinois and Northwestern, both by sizable margins. The Wolverines are hoping to get back on track by returning home to the comforts of Ann Arbor, where they’ve done nothing but win outside of a 2-2 tie with Pittsburgh on Aug. 19.

One of the most dangerous Michigan players the Badgers will have to watch out for is sophomore forward Reilly Martin, who has tallied six goals and six assists to date. The shot-happy Martin has been dominant recently, putting up points in four of the last six games. If Wisconsin wants to win, it will need to shut down Martin near midfield, as she has the ability to score from anywhere on the field.

The game in Ann Arbor kicks off Thursday evening at 6 p.m. and will be televised on BTN Plus.