Wisconsin School of Business dean to depart for London

François Ortalo-Magné, dean of the Wisconsin School of Business, will end his tenure at UW-Madison in the summer of 2017 to assume his new role as dean of the London Business School.

“I am grateful he will remain as dean for the coming academic year, and look forward to his continuing contributions as a leader on our campus,” UW-Madison Provost Sarah Mangelsdorf said in a release.

A faculty member at the university since 2001, Ortalo-Magné became department chair for the Department of Real Estate and Urban Land Economics in 2008, and dean of the business school in 2011.

Ortalo-Magné’s focus has been on improving curriculum design and delivery, according to the release. He also coined the school’s brand platform, “Together Forward.”

The business school will begin the search for his replacement with the intention of appointing a replacement dean by the time Ortalo-Magné becomes the dean of the London Business School in July 2017.

“I am most grateful for the many opportunities and all the learning that I have enjoyed at Wisconsin for the past 15 years,” Ortalo-Magné said in the release.