Chloe Miller

Chloe Miller's offensive output was instrumental in Wisconsin's game one win against the Bulls. 

Badgers, Bulls split doubleheader in Tampa

Wisconsin split its two games against the University of South Florida Saturday, winning the first 9-5 before falling by a score of 10-2 in the second.

The first game, played at 10:30 a.m. central time, was one of mixed fortunes for the Badgers.

On the defensive side, the Badgers struggled, committing five errors in the field. However, Wisconsin saw far more positives in its offensive play, with junior shortstop Chloe Miller racking up three hits, as well as the team having a four-run explosion in the sixth inning to put the game beyond reach.

Miller was the only Badger in the game with a multi-hit performance, and her three RBIs paced the team throughout the game.

Additionally, Kirsten Stevens was important for the Badgers, pitching a complete game and finishing with a respectable six strikeouts and only five hits allowed.

The Badgers’ next matchup with the Bulls did not go quite as smoothly.

After scoring two runs in the opening inning, the Badgers were held scoreless for the rest of the game by South Florida, while the Bulls scored six runs in the second inning and never looked back.

The Badgers recorded just four hits the whole game, as senior pitcher Erica Nunn put in a solid display for over four innings and stifled the Wisconsin attack.

Wisconsin’s pitching was not as impressive, as senior Taylor-Paige Stewart lasted just one and one-thirds innings after allowing six earned runs, with five Bulls having multi-hit affairs.

The Bulls added another three runs to their lead in the game’s fifth and final inning, as their eight-run lead prompted the game to be called early.

This loss moved the Badgers to 6-7 on the season, and ended a day laden with both positives and negatives for head coach Yvette Healy’s players.