Madison prepares for artsy weekend

It’s good to see the weekend again, now how should we celebrate?

Catch a flick

The Marquee is playing two sneak previews this weekend including “Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse” and “Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension.” The theater will also be playing “The Look of Silence,” “Dark City” and “Shaun the Sheep Movie”

An exhibition

The “Gender Pains” art exhibition by Nathan Fritz will be opening Friday at Memorial Union. The event is free and light refreshments will be served.

Tile time

Wheelhouse Studios is hosting a ceramic tile-making event where you can learn how to make custom ceramic tiles using texturizing, slab rolling and glazing techniques in Union South. The studio will also be hosting Free Art Friday.

Free concerts

This weekend hosts a number of free concerts around town. El Clan Destino will perform Friday in Memorial Union as part of the InDIGenous Jazz Series. The Sett will host Marching Church with Hide and Samantha Glass Friday night. Trapo, Re8idence and Lucien Parker will play in Memorial Union Thursday night. The Behind the Beat Jazz Series will continue in Memorial Union Friday night.

Polaroid puzzles

Wisconsin Science Fest is hosting an event to create a whole new image from deconstructed parts of polaroid photos at Wheelhouse Studios Sunday.