Between the Sheets: Turning up the heat while turning down the volume

Greetings Badgers!

When it comes to adjusting to college life some of us may have underestimated just how close the quarters would be, and in the same thread, how tricky it can be to get our rooms to ourselves. We most likely have at least one roomie to share a living space with and although these people can be our best friends, they can also be the biggest cock blocks and pussy preventers—whether they mean to be or not.

For those of us with roomies who don’t care to aid us in the crusade for copulation, we may have to get creative and plan accordingly to their schedule, or see if our partner’s place will be more suitable for sexy times.

With so many publicly shared things and places at college, it’s important to note that getting hot and heavy with our honey should only happen in places where everyone in the room is consenting to it. Making sure we’re not surprising our custodians, roommates and fellow library goers is a must.

Reimagining our sex lives with the addition of roommates being within earshot doesn’t have to be a struggle—as it turns out, being considerate just might make Fall 2k15 our sexiest semester yet.

Turning down the volume on a night (or afternoon, or morning) in with schnookums might sound like a bummer at first, but let’s step back and ponder this opportunity...

As fun as it may be loudly letting our partner know how hot they’ve got us, trying not to make a sound while being pleasured can create a new and oh-so-steamy internal struggle. As they push all the right buttons we may find it harder and harder (hehe) to keep our moans and groans at low levels. Getting to a point where we just can’t take it anymore is hella hot and will give us all the more motivation to turn the tables and have a little fun of our own.

The only thing sexier than trying to contain ourselves is knowing our partners have to stay quiet no matter how sweet our lovemaking is. This playful back and forth can create a healthy competition that will elevate our playtime and get us über turned on. Sex is by no means a competition, but working together to exchange as many good vibes as possible feels a whole lot like winning.

For example, if we were going down on a lil’ cutie with a vulva (the external genitalia that we commonly hear referred to as a “vagina”) we can try tracing the ABCs with our tongues and seeing what elicits the best reaction. This is an especially fun experiment when we’re keeping our volume in mind because the more we hit that sweet spot the harder it’s going to be for our partner not to shout praises to the rooftops—can I get a halleloo??

Using the ABC trick while performing oral sex on a vulva is a great example of experimenting with different sensations, but it is most definitely NOT the end all be all. The general strategy of trying out different motions/actions and seeing what works best for our partner is a super reliable and applicable strategy for whatever area of our partner’s bodies we’re attempting to invigorate.

The best part about using quietness to get kinky is that it only gets better with time. The more we know our partner’s bodies the more adventurous we can get during playtime. Having a mental treasure map to the “golden” spots allows for incorporating teasing and changing intensities based on prior feedback. Consider starting slow and working up to the area/sensation we know works best or alternating high-intensity sensations with lower-level sensations. When we have a great working knowledge of what trips our tiger’s trigger we can decide to dive right into the honey pot or hold back and make ‘em wait for it.

Recap:

1. Living so close to other people can be tricky for many reasons, but especially when it comes to Marvin Gaye and getting it on­—don’t be intimidated by the lack of privacy.

2. Make sure we either have the room to ourselves or our roomie is a willing third to whatever’s on the sexual docket for the evening.

3. Pull out every well-received sexual favor we’ve ever gifted and experiment with variations of it to discover new realms of tingly goodness and turn partners to putty.

4. All this silent sexiness is sure to work up an appetite so go get some Pizza Di Roma or something.

Wondering which of your Tinder pictures sends the best “quirky but still hot” vibe? Send your sexy questions and queries to sex@dailycardinal.com