Sly Teen

Look how tricky he is.

Sly incoming freshman convinces mother he will call home daily

With feigned conviction in his voice, 18-year-old Sam Brooks completely and utterly tricked his mother into believing he would call her each and every day of his upcoming freshman year of college.

The conversation took place on the drive home from SOAR and featured an exemplary display of wizardry from the Waukesha native as he reassured his paranoid mother that not a day of his first semester would pass without her hearing his voice.

“Every single day,” Brooks told his mother just before winking at himself in the mirror of the backseat. “I mean it too.”

Brooks fielded a barrage of questions from his mother in the driver’s seat of the Chrysler Town and Country while his father snored loudly and napped in the front seat. The interview—encouraged largely by the parent part of the freshman orientation—included questions about binge drinking and laundry, among other topics.

“I was surprised to hear Sam wants to call me every day,” stay-at-home tiger mom Stacy Brooks admitted to Daily Cardinal reporters later. “We aren’t even that close now. But I’m glad he wants me to be a part of his college experience.”

According to Brooks, this was far from his first con he has pulled on his parents.

“I actually know exactly what happened to the $20 bill Dad left on the coffee table last week,” he said with a smirk.

Dylan's tweets are even worse than this article. Follow him at https://twitter.com/Mr_Manderson.