Wizard World Comic Con is coming to Madison

The Wizard World Comic Con is coming to Madison this weekend at the Alliant Energy Center. Featuring events on Friday, Saturday and Sunday as well as plenty of stars from the comic scene who will be there to take pictures and sign autographs, the event is one worth attending and dressing up in your best cosplay for. 

Kicking off the comic con is Friday’s discussion of Wisconsin’s underground comix scene at 4:00 p.m. This will include talk of Wisconsin as a central role in underground comix and women’s discourse in the 1960s-1970s. Also on Friday will be a supernatural fan panel, a discussion with Rob Liefeld, a chat about cosplay and much more. 

Saturday at 7:00 p.m. is the official costume contest for the Wizard World Comic Con in which their website says “best of the best will be dressed to impress in their superhero & pop culture finest, so be prepared for some serious cosplay. Grab your buddies and suit up to take a chance at bringing home the gold!”

Also on Saturday is a discussion with Jason Mewes, a beer and board games event, behind the scenes of “The Walking Dead” with star Emily Kinney and the official Wizard World after party, among other events. 

On the last day of the festivities there will be a time for talking about Spider-Man in a forum with Tom DeFalco, Alex Saviuk and Danny Fingeroth. Sunday’s events also feature a karate class with the green Power Ranger, a discussion of tools and techniques for cosplay and a conversation about creating independent comics.  

Also there for all of your picture taking and autograph signing needs are a number of popular comic stars. These stars include William Shatner, Ernie Hudson, Lou Ferrigno, Bruce Campbell as well as many more. 

The events will be taking place on Friday from 3:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m., Saturday from 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. and Sunday from 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. at 1919 Alliant Energy Center Way. Tickets are on sale online or at the door.