The Island of Misfit Toys

The Island of Misfit Toys is a band based out of Chicago with music that spans across multiple genres.

Island of Misfit Toys members come for Live from the Nest

Anthony Sanders and Danny Radovanovic, members of The Island of Misfit Toys, are performing at Live from the Nest this Saturday afternoon. The two, along with Spencer LaBute and University of Wisconsin-Madison student Andy Holsteen, compiled an assortment of their poetry into a zine called “Luck.” Sanders and Radovanovic are based out of Chicago, and Sanders is performing under the name Songlines/Dreaming Track, while Radovanovic is performing as Stutterbot. 

The two musicians went to high school together, and Sanders said it was poetry which “got me out of high school.”

“It interests me because it is both a direct expression of self in a world that constantly tries to obfuscate who you are, while also allowing you to be as mysterious as you’d like,” Sanders said.

Based out of Chicago, The Island of Misfit Toys have a crisp, passionate sound, and the group’s 2013 release Furiouser & Furiouser credited nine performers. Merging Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zero’s large choral composition with the mixed instrumentation of Beirut and well-arranged duets, the band creates a lush, acoustic take on relationships.

Sanders said that he’s excited to come to Madison and meet Holsteen’s friends, and noted he and Radovanovic will “probably play an IOMT song.”

Join us for the Live from the Nest performance where the two will perform at the office of The Daily Cardinal in 2142 Vilas Hall Saturday at 2:00 p.m. An interview with the two will occur before the performance.