Marquette University poll shows Gov. Scott Walker leads Mary Burke 47 to 41 percent

The Marquette University Law School released the results of its January poll Monday aimed at gauging how Wisconsinites line up on the gubernatorial candidates, job creation and the Kenosha casino.

The poll found Gov. Scott Walker leads with 47 percent, ahead of Democratic candidate Mary Burke. Although Burke is six points behind in Marquette’s poll, members of both Democratic and Republican Parties indicated they did not know enough about her.

Among Democrats and Republicans, close to two-thirds of voters polled were unable to say if they have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of Burke.

Walker’s approval rating increased three points from October 2013. However, voters did not express confidence about job creation in Wisconsin, only 11 percent of those polled think Wisconsin is adding jobs faster than other states.

In 2010, Walker promised to add 250,000 jobs and only 14 percent of citizens think he can follow through, according to poll’s results. The majority of Republicans, Democrats and Independents do not think Wisconsin will meet the governor's goal.

Much like Walker, voters indicated their uncertainty about the pending Kenosha casino plan. Voters were almost evenly split with 42 percent indicating support of the casino and 41 percent favoring a rejection of the decision.

The poll interviewed 802 registered Wisconsin voters, and the margin of error is plus or minus 3.5 percentage points across the whole sample.