Make Music Madison 2014 will hold second annual festival

Make Music Madison 2014 is initiating its search for volunteers and participants for its second annual festival on June 21.

Taylor Horsager, a member of Make Music Madison, said last year brought forth 280 concerts held across many neighborhoods throughout the city. Horsager said he is anticipating an even larger body of participants for this summer.

“Anyone can perform anywhere as long as there’s a mutual understanding between the venue host and performer,” Horsager said.

Make Music Madison is a part of the Make Music Movement which is a festival that originated in Paris, France 40 years ago, according to Horsager. Madison joined in the global festivities last year, and it brought forth immense participation for its first event.

Musicians from all backgrounds convened in communities throughout Madison during the first inaugural Make Music Madison event. Horsager explained that any musician from experienced local band members to a sixth grader who knows how to play trombone are encouraged to contribute.

“The focus is on the creation of music,” Horsager said.

Horsager said Make Music Madison is starting its search for musicians and volunteers early to ensure a larger turnout. Horsager explained that volunteering with the program offers many perks in getting hands-on experience with organizing major events and getting acquainted with talented musicians.

As far as the amount of participants that can get involved, Horsager said, “the sky's the limit.”