Wisconsin GOP claims Mary Burke indicted herself using illegal secret poll

The Wisconsin Republican Party filed a supplemental complaint Monday against gubernatorial candidate Mary Burke and the Democratic Party of Wisconsin, alleging multiple instances where Burke indicted herself in a poll she once denied being involved with.

The supplemental complaint names several campaign events where Burke said she conducted a poll to understand how she could win the 2014 gubernatorial election. The Republican party raised an issue with the poll because the pollster illegally refused to disclose who commissioned and funded the poll, according to the complaint.

The GOP filed the previous complaint June 24, 2013, which cited a phone poll that was funded by undisclosed sources, conducted to assess Burke’s viability for gubernatorial candidacy to the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board.

Democratic Party of Wisconsin Chair Mike Tate said in an email Democrats had conducted polls to understand who could best challenge Gov. Scott Walker in the 2014 election, according to The Wisconsin State Journal.

In response to the complaint, Tate did not mention Burke specifically but said he was “fully confident” the polls conducted were carried out within Wisconsin’s law.