White Demin

White Denim kicks it up with 'Corsicana Lemonade'

White Denim has tinkered a little with many rock-based genres. Made up of four dynamic members who come together and make kick-butt music—James Petralli (vocals), Joshua Block (drums), Steven Terebecki (vocals, bass) and Austin Jenkins (guitar)—White Denim has once again put together an exceptional album.

Corsicana Lemonade is the band’s sixth full-length album, which is quite impressive considering they are not even 10 years old. Although the album is kind of a whirlwind due to the varying styles White Denim fits into the 10 tracks—they have everything from jazz to southern boogie intermixed throughout—they managed to create an album filled with songs that make you want to keep listening.

There are a few must-listens on this album. “Come Back” is filled with playful intertwining between bass and the guitar, while the vocals melt into the rhythm. “Pretty Green” features the drums more heavily, having the presence of the symbol always apparent. The song is inherently catchy, and by the end I was singing along. Also check out the sheer soul that appears in the song “New Blue Feeling.”

It’s easy to tell White Denim is trying to trap new listeners with their music. The beats and lyrics are much catchier and it’s easy to imagine some of these songs on the radio. Although this may irritate some of their fan base, they have not changed their sound enough to cause a huge upset.

All in all, White Denim is taking some huge steps in the right direction. Maybe these tracks will not turn out to be huge hits, but they are rather nice to listen to. Each of these four artists filled with amazing instrumental talent and when you mix them together, something special is bound to come out of it.

Rating: A-