Indian Students Association Fall Show

Dance, music, and skits-Indian Student Association is presenting a magical night for all of these talents this Friday, Nov. 18, at 7p.m. I had the opportunity to go last year and I was amazed by the dance teams like Surma and Bhanga, funny skits by the emcees and various other talents. This year, Jyoti Gill and Harpreet Brar are the MC's hosting the Fall Show.

"I'm so excited to be an MC and I hope people will laugh or at least pretend to laugh at our jokes because Jyoti and I worked really hard," Brar said. "We have so much planned out to entertain our audience. UW School of Bhangra and Wisconsin Surma have amazing new performances and we actually have some really good singing acts that will blow your mind."

There is a large population of Indian students on our campus and ISA Fall Show is a great opportunity to experience Indian culture, music, dancing and skits all at the same night.

"I'm excited about everyone going to the show and learning a little bit about Indian culture since it's such a rich culture. I believe it's something everyone should be exposed to and experience at least once." Gill said.

It seems that everyone is especially anticipated about the performance by UW School of Bhangra.

"UW School of Bhangra is going to be even more awesome this year," Gill said. "They've changed up their style and half of their team so it'll be great to see what they bring to the table. They have been working on so secretively this semester everyone is excited about it."

I had the opportunity to watch the UW School of Bhangra practice, and they surprised me once again with their creative choreography and professional dance. They will be performing last so if you are planning to attend, make sure to stay until the end. Last year, Bucky Badger appeared and showed off his dance skill with the Bhangra team.

Other than dance performances, there will be Hindi singing acts, funny skits by the MC's and even a fashion show. If you are interested in fashion, you will be amazed by the show of dazzling Indian dresses and gowns worn by our own UW-Madison students.

The members of ISA have worked hard this year to offer so much for the students and staff of UW-Madison. Wisconsin Surma has practiced six hours a week both inside and outside of the studio, according to a member Tanya Syal.

"Our practices are extremely intense because we need to learn a lot of choreography and formations in a very short amount of time." Surma member, Teresa Thayyil added.

After hours of practice and dedication, ISA has created a night for everyone to enjoy Indian culture. ISA Fall Show will be hosted at the Memorial Union Theater and it is free for everyone.