Of Montreal booked to break in new Union South venue

Veteran indie poppers of Montreal will christen the new Union South's stage April 15, as the WUD committee delivers on their promise to book a special inaugural act with one of the best live shows currently offered.

The Athens, Ga.-based glam rockers are known for their unpredictable live sets, and if they're allowed to bring the full circus to town, the show should feature flamboyant dancers equipped with body paint, feather boas and sexually-suggestive choreography filling the stage alongside horses, chinese dragons and a scantliy-clad Kevin Barnes. That's without mentioning that they've been one of the most reliable outputs of idiosyncratic pop music over the last decade, which matches their stage presence with erotic lyricisms, funky dance grooves and hooky melodies trading the spotlight. It's an indie can't-miss.

Tickets to attend the 1500-person capacity party are available to UW students for $10 through the UW box office. They will be offered to the general public for $20 beginning Feb. 23, but odds are, they will be long gone by then.

*The original version of this story incorrectly listed the ticket prices for the event, it has since been corrected.