Badgers win in Big House to stay in Big Ten driver's seat
Montee ball,escorted by his teammates, runs for a touchdown in the second quarter.

ANN ARBOR, MICH—All week, Saturday's matchup between No. 6 Wisconsin (6-1 Big Ten, 10-1 overall) and Michigan (3-4, 7-4) was billed as a potential track meet. Still, when the Wolverines' offense hit full stride in the third quarter, the collective inhale from Badger nation could be felt in Ann Arbor. However, just as it has done all season, the UW offense countered with consistency, execution, leadership and—most importantly—points in a 48-28 victory.

""They're pretty much doing what they want to do,"" junior free safety Aaron Henry said of the offense. ""They really help us out defensively when they can just run the ball at will.""

With junior running back John Clay missing-in-action for the second consecutive week, sophomore Montee Ball (29 carries, 173 yards, four touchdowns) and freshman James White (23, 181, two touchdowns) powered another tremendous day for the Badger offense. Ball's four touchdowns give him 13 for the season, meaning that all three UW backs are now in double-digits for the season.

""It's a great accomplishment,"" Ball said. ""It speaks volumes about our offensive line.""

Standout junior defensive end J.J. Watt added another huge day to his pursuit at Big Ten Player of the Year honors, registering six tackles and batting two balls straight up in the air. After senior linebacker Culmer St. Jean could not hang on to the first, Watt took matters into his own hands in the fourth quarter and intercepted a pass he initially batted into the air.

""I thought somebody would tackle me, but nobody did,"" Watt said. ""The ball landed in my hands and I started to run. I thought I had a chance to score, but then I remembered Denard Robinson is one fast dude.""

Although Robinson had a big day on paper, Watt and the defense held the potent Wolverines' attack scoreless in the first half and got big stops when they needed them in the second.

Thanks to Michigan State's 35-31 come-from-behind win over Purdue, the Big Ten title picture still has not fully cleared. However, with just a home date with Northwestern remaining in the regular season, Wisconsin is in the driver's seat.