H1N1 efforts continue amid holidays

Madison and Dane County officials' efforts to prevent H1N1 will continue Monday at the Alliant Energy Center.

Since family celebrations and reunions increase during the holiday season, H1N1 vaccinations will help make sure these events do not become susceptible to the virus, a statement released by Public Health Madison and Dane County on Friday said.

The clinic on Monday will target pregnant women, people who live with or care for infants less than six months old and children and young adults six months to 24 years old. People who are between the ages of 25 and 64 who have pre-existing health conditions are encouraged to attend, as well as children under 10 years old who need their second dose of the H1N1 vaccine. It is recommended that there be at least three weeks between the first and second dose.

According to the statement, immunizations will be free and distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Recipients are encouraged to fill out the consent form before they arrive at the clinic. The form can be found online at:

publichealthmdc.com/disease/swineflu/immunization/clinics.cfm.

To help get more in the mood for a vaccination, a local trio of acapella singers created a jingle featuring the H1N1 virus. The audio and lyrics for the minute-long jingle by ""Next of Kin"" can be found at:

publichealthmdc.com/disease/swineFlu/media.cfm.