Glover, Taylor formally charged with burglary

Former UW-Madison men's basketball freshmen Jeremy Glover and Diamond Taylor were officially charged with two counts of burglary Monday, according to a complaint filed at the Dane County Circuit Court.

Glover, a walk-on from Haymarket, Va., and Taylor, a scholarship recruit from Bolingbrook, Ill., were arrested Sep. 6 for burglarizing money and possessions from Sellery Hall and the Evans Scholars private dormitory on Langdon Street.

According to the complaint, Glover and Taylor told Madison Police Department officials they had been drinking alcohol at a party and later decided to enter several open dorm rooms in Sellery Hall and take anything that was readily available.

When Taylor was asked why he decided to burglarize the dorm, he said, ""I don't really know. We were drinking and stuff. I knew it was wrong and stuff. We were just being dumb.""

The complaint said MPD officials received a call reporting a break-in at Sellery Hall around 5:30 a.m. on Sep. 6. They later used surveillance cameras to identify Glover and Taylor as the intruders.

The complaint said Glover and Taylor reportedly stole iPods, an iPod case and almost $500 in cash, and entered up to 13 dorm rooms in the building.

MPD officials were later dispatched to the Evans scholar building at 7:40 a.m., where Glover and Taylor stole more iPods and a cell phone from two rooms while the residents were asleep. They were caught leaving the rooms and putting liquid soap on the doorknobs by another resident on the floor.

According to the complaint, Glover and Taylor will face a plea hearing Thursday.

—Ryan Hebel contributed to this report.