Police issue 2005 suspect sketch

Madison police released a sketch Thursday of a suspect involved in a 2005 sexual assault on Madison's east side after the victim was able to provide new details on the man's appearance.  

According to the police report, the assault occurred on Oct. 15, 2005 on the bike path in the 2000 block of Eastwood Drive. The victim, who was 22 years old and a UW-Madison student at the time, told officers the suspect approached her with a four-inch knife. The suspect reportedly grabbed her and forced her to a grassy area, where he sexually assaulted her.  

The suspect threatened to kill the woman before stealing her purse and fleeing on foot.  

The victim described the suspect as an Asian male in his mid- to late-20s, 5'8"", with an average build, well-defined cheekbones, unkempt, collar-length black hair and a deep voice. He was wearing black pants, a gray sweatshirt and a black baseball cap. 

Anyone with information is urged by police to call Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward.