Predictable pop-rocker

Ashlee Simpson: Ashlee Simpson's latest album fits her predictable pop-rock mold, but Jessica's edgy younger sister can't find a tune original enough to lure any new fans into her Bittersweet World.

Predictable pop-rocker

Ashlee Simpson's new album dropped last Tuesday and hit hard with 11 tracks of rocking, girl-power beats. _Bittersweet World_ will likely appeal to Simpson's fans, but it is doubtful that she will reach any new listeners, besides several anxiety-ridden teenagers. 

Simpson is still jamming to the beat of her own drum - as she says on this album, she still likes to color outside of the lines"" and is likely trying to be more of a badass than she really is. She may have a harder time standing out in the crowd now with her new nose. 

This album is fun to listen to while jamming out in the privacy your own room or as background music while chilling with friends, but it would benefit from a solid ballad. Only the last track, ""Never Dream Alone,"" slows it down for three minutes of thoughtful reflection about... well, it's hard to tell, but she sounded awfully sad about it. The song showcases her vocal ability well. She is by no means a phenomenal vocalist, but her voice is pleasant to listen to with its distinctive low, brassy tone.  

Many fans posted on Simpson's website about the album, and the overall consensus is positive. They appreciate that she maintains her image and is not influenced by the trend of young female stars conforming to the gaudy, drug-addicted ways of the Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton clique. Simpson's fans praise her ability to connect to her audience and her masterfully artistic lyrics but this may be a bit of a stretch to say about _Bittersweet World._  

For all the bashing, the younger Simpson will always have a fan base. Maybe she is corny and tries a little too hard to define herself as an edgy, rocker chick, but the album is fun overall. Simpson's fans will enjoy this party-style album, but it is unlikely that she has any Grammys in her near future.