Wisconsin men's soccer ties with No. 14 Michigan 2-2 Sunday
UW Mens Madison Soccer vs. Western Michigan, 9/2/07 McClinton Soccer Complex, Madison, Wis.

The Badgers men's soccer team finished with a tie for the second straight contest Sunday afternoon, ending the game deadlocked 2-2 after two overtimes against No. 14 Michigan in Ann Arbor. The tie was the first blemish on the Wolverines' record after they had started the season 7-0. The game was the first of the Big Ten season for both squads, in what ended up being a wild, penalty-filled affair. 

Both teams came out scoring early and often, with all four of the goals being scored in the first 33 minutes of the contest. The Badgers (4-2-2) got on the board first with a goal by sophomore Brian Bultman off a corner kick in the sixth minute.  

The lead did not last for long, as Michigan responded with a goal of their own in the 18th minute to tie the game at 1-1. Junior Victor Diaz continued to score at hot pace, getting his seventh point on his second goal of the season in the 28th minute. Again, the Wolverines were quick to respond with another goal, this one in the 33rd minute, and the last time either team would score in the contest. The Badgers had the best second half chance to score, but the Wolverine defense prevented the team from taking the lead. 

After Wisconsin scored their second goal, the game became extremely physical, with both teams getting numerous yellow cards. The Badgers got a man advantage when Michigan forward Peri Marosevic was ejected in the 52nd minute after his second yellow card of the match. The Wisconsin advantage again did not last for long as the Badgers' Diaz got his second yellow card of the contest of the game, leading to his ejection and automatic suspension for the Badgers next match Wednesday against Northern Illinois. The loss of Diaz is big, as the Badgers will be without one of their leading scorers. 

We did a very good job at pushing the attack and being dangerous while going forward,"" head coach Jeff Rohrman said.  

The Badgers will look to keep up the good play Wednesday night against Northern Illinois at home.